Residents in East Yorkshire are being urged to check the safety of white goods in homes and not to use dishwashers and tumble dryers overnight.
It's after Humberside Fire and Rescue was called to two dishwasher fires within the space of 24 hours.
Head of public safety Steve Duffield says they are called to white goods fires on a weekly basis.
He says: "Them extra seconds that you become alerted to a situation happening in the kitchen could be crucial in getting out and making sure you have a safe escape.
"If you're going to use your dishwasher and your tumble dryer in particular than make sure you're using them when you're alert, you're aware and you're in the vicinity of knowing at the earliest possible time that there's a situation developing that you need to deal with."